Thursday, January 26, 2012

I Tasted Perfection, if only for a Moment.

Sitting on the edge of the tub I run my hand beneath the warm water pouring out of the faucet and let it run so smoothly over my fingers. I can feel the cold tile beneath my bare feet and passivly note my shadow dancing on the wall with every flicker of the candles. The room is dim save the flames. Words are pouring out of speakers flowing softly and calmly and the rush of the water is like static against it. The air around me is becoming welcoming as the heat comes off of the rising water in the tub. I stand up carefully taking in the cold shocks as my feet press firmly against the all but frozen floor then shiver with relaxation when the air around me warms me to the bone. I turn the knobs to off and the room is suddenly more silent, the kind of silent you can taste and the music graces it just perfectly. I step to the mirror and pull my hair up in a neat bun and pay little attention the sound of the gentle splash in the tub behind me. I examine myself carefully, my eyes, my nose, my lips, the way my robe falls in a deep "V" upon my chest. It has been a long day, a long month at that and I had often worried it had started to take its toll. In the pale light the exhaustion doesn't seem to show as much. I turn the corners of my lips into a gentle smile, I can't help but grin at my own frustrations. I untie the black bow that is fastened snuggly around my belly and let the robe slide off of my back and on to the floor, slowly and gracefully. In that moment I am smitten with the chill of skin being kissed by air a bit cooler than desired. I shiver and then step back towards the tub. I greet the bath with a smile, a genuine one. I carefully place one foot in and sigh as the warmth surounds my ankle. I work my other foot in and eventually my lower body, I allow myself to lean back. The skin of my back is greeted by the warmth of a chest. I lean into it, its as warm as the water, but its a different kind of warmth. Its the kind of warm that can take every tensed muscle in your body and relax it. Suddenly I am surrounded by arms, holding me tightly, I feel lips gently brush the back of my neck. I let out a breath that I was unaware I was holding. My shoulders are being gently covered with kisses and my upper body is being kept warm by the heat of skin. In this moment I close my eyes. I can not breathe. I can not think. I can only feel. I can feel the warmth of his breath as he whispers "I love you" in my ear. I can feel his hands moving slowly up and down my arms, relaxing me with every stroke as if wiping away every ounce of worry I had been carrying around.  I open my eyes and glance at the words carefully painted upon the wall in front of me, "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." This was one of those moments. In this moment, I could take my last breath and I would go out simply in bliss. In this moment my heart aches, my eyes water with the intense shocks I feel in my chest, I want to save this moment and live in it forever. I want to put it in a bottle, and place it as a trophy upon a shelf, every time I glanced at it, it would be a reminder that no matter how hard things get that there will always be another moment like this just waiting to be made and lived in. Right here in this moment, I am living and breathing perfection. I am drowing in love. In this moment every wrong in the world is suddenly right...even if only for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment