Friday, December 16, 2011

Just to Clear the Air.

It really annoys me when I’m online and the ads I’m being suggested are all about wrinkle removal. “This $5 secret for youthful skin has dermatologists angry at this Houston Mom”. Seriously I see that one all the time, generally accompanied by ads saying “Mom makes $7000 a month staying home” and “Car insurance for just $5.08 a month!” So clearly my internet has somehow concluded that: A) I’m 50 with terrible skin, B) Don’t make enough money working at a real job and lastly, C) I am too broke and old/young to afford legit car insurance. Way to Phish, internet. I am however totally glad they started throwing in the “Work at home scheme investigated, you’ll be shocked at what we found.” Yes I am sure the computer virus that I would get from clicking on that link would be just SHOCKING. Sometimes the internet irritates me.

I haven’t blogged in a while….I don’t really want to talk about the things that are really on my mind. At least not yet, there will be a time and a place for that but it is not here and it is not now. It’s kind of hard to keep everything in though, so many different emotions floating around these days. Alas, I will bottle it up and a few months from now I have a feeling I will get quite a few hits as I put my dirty laundry on the table. I’ll probably lose a few friends over it but I suppose if that’s the case then they weren’t really friends in the first place. I think what’s bothering me about it all is all the hush hush beating around the bush stuff, if you have a question then just ask me; don’t ask everyone else. If you want something to talk about I would be more than happy to assist you there, I would just rather facts be floating around versus assumptions and if I choose to inform you that it’s none of your damn business then I would assume you would be bright enough to leave it at that. Curiosity is of course in human nature, I respect that. Today’s social networking capabilities make it all too easy to peer into someone’s personal life. I know how nerve racking it can be to be “out of the loop” but it’s called a PRIVATE life for a reason. I am not even saying there is a story to be told, I just know some people…quite a few… are asking and I’m put off by the lack of questioning me and instead questioning everyone else. Hear-say is tacky.

On another equally depressing note, it’s almost to the anniversary of my mom’s death, again. That is weighing down on me like a ton of rocks. Every time I start to think about it I just want to breakdown. I guess that’s just part of it.

Well, on that note. I’m out.

No comments:

Post a Comment